If we have learned one thing over the years, it is that people love the Imola. Given the incredible component set, value, and lifetime warranty it is easy to see why, but we thought we could make it even better. So, for 2017 we decided to upgrade the Tommaso Imola yet again, making it undoubtedly the best value for any entry level road bike on the planet. We upgraded the handlebars, cassette, and brakes to a level that no other bike manufacturer can touch for $499. That's right, the 2017 Imola has a full Shimano Claris Groupset! This full Shimano groupset goes onto the lightweight and ultra-durable 6061 SLA Aluminum compact frame with premium Tommaso Corsa TC20 wheels, making for the best Imola in our history. Unlike other brands, at Tommaso we don't try to save a few bucks by using non-Shimano cranks as we believe your contact point with the bike is of unparalleled importance.
The Imola offers 24 speeds of pure power and performance wherever the road takes you. Thanks to the full Shimano Claris drivetrain, the components work together in perfect harmony, for maximum performance. This means the Imola can climb like a dream, while offering the speed you demand on the flats. Unlike other manufacturers who cut cost with no name brakesets, we upgraded the 2017 Imola to Shimano Claris brakes. We did this, because we think stopping on a dime is just as important as going fast.
The Imola frame was engineered by our design team using the latest advances in shaped tubing and frame design to produce a lightweight, but powerful frame. Tommaso Corsa TC20 wheelset was designed to be both light and durable, while providing maximum speed and control. The Imola comes equipped with our exclusive UltraCompact handlebar which allows every rider to ride more comfortably in the drops, which reduces your wind resistance and allows you to ride longer and faster.
- DURABLE & RELIABLE: Lightweight Aluminum Compact Frame combined with an SST Steel Fork For Maximum Durability, backed up with our industry leading Lifetime Frame & Fork Warranty. Frame is drilled for all varieties of racks and fenders, making the Imola the ultimate commuter
- POWERFUL PEFORMANCE & SPEED: 3x8 Shimano Claris Groupset, featuring a 30/39/50T Claris crankset and 12x25T Claris cassette. Perfect for varying terrain, from flats to hills, offering a wide range of gears for all levels of riders in all conditions
- PRECISION SHIFTING: Shimano Claris STI shifters provide smooth and consistent shifting in all riding conditions. By keep a full groupset, Tommaso bikes offer a level of performance shifting and responsiveness that the competition can't touch
- OPTIMIZED FIT FOR ADDED COMFORT: Compact frame geometry and premium compact handlebars offer increased power and comfort in a sleek package. Every part of the Imola is designed for maximum comfort and efficiency, so you are getting the most out of every ride, whether it is 10 miles or 100 miles
- PROFESSIONAL ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: Bike needs wheels trued, derailleurs tuned, and all bolts tightened to technical specifications before riding, to ensure optimal performance and to validate warranties