The Gavia Pass is the highest pass in the Italian Alps, and is considered the most difficult climb in Europe. Every rider knows that pushing the limits on climbs is where the real mental and physical gains come in cycling. If you are ready to push your limits and step up to professional level performance, the Tommaso Gavia SL is your ticket to the top.
The race inspired Tommaso Gavia SL is the first bicycle in the Tommaso Super Light Race Series. Equipped with a full Ultegra 6800 groupset, carbon wheels, and our lightest frame ever, the Tommaso Gavia SL offers incredible performance and speed. Weighing in at just 14.9lbs, the Gavia is up for any climb and can blast the competition on the flats.
It all starts with the new Tommaso Super Light Toray 800 Carbon Frame, which offer game changing reliability and power transfer in a sleek 850 gram package. To make this incredible system even lighter, we added Tommaso Corsa TC-50C Carbon Wheels, Tommaso Corsa Carbon Handlebars, and a Tommaso SL Carbon Seatpost. As soon as you step into the saddle, you will feel the lightweight, explosive potential ready for your command.
Why is the Tommaso Gavia SL priced so much lower than the competition? Tommaso has decided that the best way to provide its legions of fans the best bike at the lowest price is to only sell its bike direct to the consumer. By selling direct, Tommaso has been able to eliminate 2 levels of the supply chain and deliver bikes at a cost of around 40% less than every other major brand. Tommaso feels that it's better to give you this savings than pay companies just to pass the bike along.
- · FRAME: Our Super light and stiff Toray T800 Monocoque Carbon Frame (850 grams) assures stiffness, vibration dampening, and ultimate power transfer on your toughest rides
- DRIVETRAIN: 2x11 Shimano Ultegra Groupset, featuring a 52/36T Ultegra semi-compact crankset and 11x25T Ultegra cassette gives riders the power they demand to win races or compete against friends in local cycling clubs
- SHIFTING: Shimano Ultegra shifters give riders precision shifting for all 22 premium gearing options. This smooth and consistent shifting system allows for effortless performance and control that you only get from a full Shimano groupset.
- WHEELS: Our ultra-light TC50 Carbon Wheels upgrade riders to incredible acceleration and performance, while weighing in at an unbelievably light 1520 grams for the set. These wheels are fast, and look as good as they ride.
- PROFESSIONAL ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: Bike needs wheels trued, derailleurs tuned, and all bolts tightened to technical specifications before riding. This will ensure optimal performance and safety